Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 1: Drive to Colorado, July 12, 2012

Finally....Pictures!  We began the long journey and started the drive to Colorado.  Getting out and walking every hour and a half worked out better than expected!  The kids did well in the car and they needed the more frequent breaks almost as much as I did.

While I have made this trek nearly annually since 2002, this was the first time that another adult has been with me.  I am so grateful for CK and his sacrifice to come with us for the entire vacation.  He had to work on the road, but he chose to do that to make sure my little 7 month pregnant self would be okay.  I am so blessed!

We hadn't seen A for nearly three weeks and the reunion of her with K, C,  and J was precious.  I am so impressed with how they love each other as siblings, never with the nomenclature of "step" siblings.  What great children I have!

No comments: