Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 3, Drive to Utah, July 14, 2012

From Denver, we drove through Wyoming to get to Utah/Idaho.  We had to work to plan my walking stops to be able to stop at Little America, but, as the kids said, "It's TRADITION!"  So, we stopped.  It was great to have a walking stop where I could walk around the hotel buildings and not just a gas station.  The kids loved being able to stop and play on the playground.

 A favorite part for K and A was that it rained a little while we were there!  They got to use K's new umbrella!
When we made it to my Sister-In-Law's home, we got to rest for a bit and then CK's parents came to get he and Aubrey to go spend four days in Idaho.  It was so hard to say good-bye, even for such a short time.  It was so worth it, though, to spend time with this part of our family!!!  I love my sisters-in-law and my parents-in-law and even though XDH and I are no longer married, we still have the bonds of family that bind us together.  Our kids love each other and enjoy "cousin time," and we love each other and the challenges of the last few years have brought us all closer together, rather than creating a wedge between us.  What a blessing!

No comments: