Thursday, April 5, 2007

8 pounds, a lunch break, and a cold sore

This is such a random post day. I guess life hasn't been spectacular lately...nothing bad happening, nothing unusual happening. Just the run-of-the-mill (where in the world did that phrase originate?-comment if you know) days-cooking, cleaning, transcribing, businessing, mommying, shopping, banking, more mommying, etc.. Don't I have a great life?

Anyhow...I have lost 8 pounds in a month! I am so excited. DH, however, is trying to sabotage my progress...he brought home two buckets of candy that people had brought him at the clinic. I can resist most everything, except CHOCOLATE! I just don't have a lot of will power with that stuff...and I have already eaten way too much since he brought it home! UGH! (sure tastes yummy, though!)

If you are my RLF, you know that I am always trying new "systems" to organize my day. It is my math-brain, everything has a slot-brain, I guess. My new one this week is to give myself a lunch break! Have you ever heard of a SAHM with a lunch break? Well, it works for me. You see, I noticed that some days I would spend too much time reading, blogging, chatting...or whatever-playtime stuff and other stuff wouldn't get done. Other days, I worked non-stop on the business, the home, my kids, etc from early in the morning 'til midnight. I decided that to solve both of these problems...I would give myself one hour each day as my "lunch break." This is when I blog, eat lunch, read, take a nap...or whatever else I WANT to do. The rest of my day is filled with the other stuff that has to get done. So far...it works for me!

Finally, I need your help. K has a horrid-looking cold sore on the corner of her mouth that just won't go away. I am taking her to the doctor tomorrow, but I was just wondering if anyone knew something that works well on kids' cold sores...anything! Poor girl. It is looking worse and worse and this is the second one she has had in a month!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there -- you got me curious, i found this out about it.

" ... run of the mill, meaning “undistinguished; ordinary, average”, perhaps referring to the ungraded output of the grinding process. But as the miller ground in batches whatever came to him and gave the resulting flour back to his customer, there was normally no question of separating it by quality. In fact, the expression is modern, and it seems to refer to the unsorted output from a textile mill. Another form of about the same date was run of the mine, with a similar sense concerning ore...."

congrats big time about the loss! in the last two years, i have lost 20 lbs and 9 inches around my waist (mostly from boxing). husband means well, but he knows i love m&ms and he will surprise me with them here and there. sweet of him but enabling, too, but still sweet.

what does "RLF" and "SAHM" mean?

happy day :)

Anonymous said...

hi there -- thanks for stopping by. glad to hear you enjoyed the "Sunbeams" story. you're welcome for making you laugh today :)

happy day,

I have a good life said...

RLF means Real-Life Friend and SAHM means Stay-at-home Mom.

Thanks for your info on the run-of-the-mill thing! As I typed it, I was curious where it came from!

Joyismygoal said...

Zylactin, Abreva, are all good but I had the best luck w/ Lysine (ointment on the lip and taking it internally it is an amino acid and they have it atWalmart in Vitamin Section. But to prevent them good sleep , good health sunscreen, good balanced nutrition you know like everything:) i would love to hear what your Dr says, I love your lunch break idea.

Anonymous said...

hi there -- thanks for answering my RLF and SAHM questions. i kept seeing it lately (not just on your blog) and just had to know :)

i am so looking forward to getting to be with my CTR6 primary kids again this sunday (after the last 2 weeks away). i've missed em! :)

happy friday! :)

Lana said...

woo hoo!! way to go on the 8 lbs! what are you doing?


please don't say eating less and moving more:)