Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Daily Evaluation

I created this "Daily Evaluation" to help me keep my focus and remember and take my life line upon line, precept upon precept. I am too prone to try to do all that needs to be done (which, obviously, I cannot do) and then feel frustrated and overwhelmed. It is ten simple evaluation-type questions to see if I stayed on track throughout the day. If I am just a little better than the day before, that is where my focus should be-not am I finally perfect all-of-a-sudden today? I guess it is another one of my infamous 'systems,' but it works for me so I thought I'd share. I have this printed nicely and hung by my bed:

I cannot do it all…but I can and must do SOMETHING!

1. Did I give my children the opportunity to be closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ, tonight than they were when they woke up?
2. Did I serve the Lord today? Did I go where he asked?
3. Was I a more understanding and compassionate wife today than yesterday?
4. Did I accomplish everything that was imperative to be done TODAY?
5. Does the yard look better as I go to bed than when I woke up?
6. Does the house look better tonight than when I woke up?
7. Have I done more things for the business than I added to my list today?
8. Am I closer to my Heavenly Father tonight than this morning?
9. Did I play, teach, cuddle and/or love my children today?
10. Am I healthier today than yesterday?

6 comments:

nikko said...

You and your little "systems". :o) I'm glad it works for you.

Anonymous said...

I like your system. I am working on one for myself. I have been so worried about my house being clean that I have forgotten so of the more important things thank you for reminding be :)

Anonymous said...

hi there: really great list. it sounds like the perfect list to help keep horizon-focused to our God.

good gem. blessings this day :)

Becca said...

What a great list, with the most important things to get done all in there.

Dawnyel said...

What a list!! If you can accomplish EVERYTHING, then you are a wonder woman! :) This is a really good thing tho...although, for me, I might change it to by the end of the week, instead of the day...cuz I know my own limitations!

utmommy said...

I hope it works for you.