Wednesday, April 25, 2007

AWOL


Sorry...I have been AWOL for the last week. My usually hectic life has been even more so. We have been receptionist-less for this week, as she is on vacation. This leaves it to DH and I and our very part time afternoon receptionist to fill in the gaps. It is exhausting. This is why we pay our employee well....she does a lot of work!

Yesterday, the tornado sirens went off twice. We knew that tornadic activity might be headed our way, so the first wasn't a surprise. The kids were at school, but I could see the worst of the weather wasn't on top of us...so I figured they'd be less safe in my little Corolla in the flash flood rains than ducking and covering in the hall at school.

Then, last night I was at the clinic to work on some stuff the aforementioned receptionist usually does when they went off again. I didn't have a TV, but I checked the weather.com site and it had a big warning posted for my area: tornado spotted in ___(city)_______. Will be in _(city where the clinic is)_____ in 5 minutes. Will be in _______(city where my house is)_________ in 10 minutes. I knew it would be stupid to be in my car...driving in the stuff, so I just waited it out. DH woke up the kids and took them in the bathroom (our "shelter"). K reminded him that they might want our 72-hour kits so he took them in there, too. The worst part was the phones went out and we couldn't communicate and I was separated from my family. It was a little freaky...particularly for DH when he couldn't get me on the phone. I continued to work until it got really bad and dark and was supposedly on top of the clinic...then I went and took shelter all by myself and waited it out. Obviously, we are all fine, now.

The picture is just one of Little Dan is his suit from Easter. Isn't he handsome? Oh, and speaking of Little Dan...his gums are swollen and he is cranky....come on teeth, you can do it, break through for us!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh! His little suit is so adorable! Where did you get it? One of the things I'm loving about my sweet baby boy is finally getting to buy boy clothes!

Anonymous said...

yes, he is a little handsome guy.

sorry you had to experience that scary time without the rest of your family, but glad everything worked out great.

but we are never really alone, He is always with us when we want Him helping us through anything we are willing to share with Him about.

take care :) kathleen