Friday, May 4, 2007

Big Changes

Sorry about neglecting the blogger world. Don't worry...you can commiserate with my house...it feels neglected too! I went AWOL again. Sorry. I have been so busy that I have been going to sleep late (last night at 1 am) and waking up early (usually about 6). I have been busy working at and for the clinic, looking and test driving minivans for the fam, visiting relatives here from out of town, attending multiple school functions (it is the end of the year crunch time), dealing with a grumpy, teething 7-month old, watching Utah Jazz playoff games, etc.

But....now for the big changes:
  1. I have a new calling: Compassionate Service Leader.
  2. I cut 12-14 inches off my hair.
  3. We bought a Honda Odyssey. It is really nice with power doors, DVD, Leather. We love it.

I have so much to post now, I could write a novel...but the aforementioned house is also needing attention and Little Dan is actually sleeping, so I will post a few pictures of my head (I am sunburned from all the van shopping) and the van (sorry it is so dark...not a very good representation of the van) and one from C's race where he biffed it right at the beginning. This is his wound. He fell early on and was at the end of the pack, but by the time the whole mile was run...he came in about 20th out of all the Kindergarteners. Not bad. He is a good runner. I think he could have won without the fall. K came in 5th of all the 2nd grade girls (here she is coming towards the finish line all alone!). She did a great job and really pushed herself hard.

One more note...I am now down 13 pounds! How exciting!

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Your hair looks so great! It's always fun to try a new look. I've been kind of neglecting the blogging world lately too. Life just gets busy, doesn't it. I'm glad you found a van you liked! :)

Lana said...

oh my goodness! your hair looks so cute :)
COngrats on the new van. You will love it.

Joyismygoal said...

Your hair is even cuter in person!!!! and it fits your fun personality too. Love the van too, its so shiney and bright. And I am too sad about your calling to say anything there except I will miss so much working w/ you and you were so awesome!!!Thank you

nikko said...

I am so jealous of your cute hair. I'm jealous that you can stay up so late. I'm dead on my feet by 10 p.m. I don't know how you do it.

I can't wait to see your van and hair in person! Yay on 13 pounds! You are my idol! ;o)

utmommy said...

I LOVE your hair. It is so cute. It looks great on you.

I love my van, and never thought I would say it. Hope you enjoy yours.

Yeah for the 13 pounds. You go!

Anonymous said...

your new hair style looks so cute! and congrats BIG TIME BIG TIME on losing 13 lbs!!! awesome!!

~blessings :) kathleen

Jess said...

Your hair and van look great! Sorry about your son's arm. My oldest took a dive and lost a chunk of skin off her ankle this week, too. And of course we're out of band aids. Sounds like you've got some good runners in the family!

God bless!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You are an official LDS mom with the mini van now. But I am so happy cause that puts you a little closer.