Saturday, May 5, 2007

Senior Year Meme

A bunch of my blogger and RLFs had done this meme and I think it is a fun one! It is especially appropriate this time of year with all the graduations. My littlest brother graduates in a month! Crazy. I graduated 13 years ago next month. Another Crazy!

1. Who was your best friend? Aimee. We were two peas in a pod. We planned our "free" periods together for senior year. We went to play practice after school together (We were the only two to be involved in every single play production throughout our four years in HS). We went home after play practice together and then...when we got to our own houses, we talked on the phone forever. This changed a little with boyfriends, but not too much. They usually just tagged along with us. The only place she didn't go with me was seminary. (6 am was too early for her...especially not being LDS)
2.What sports did you play Senior Year? None-unless church basketball counts. I opted not to play church softball or volleyball that year.
3.What kind of car did you drive? My parents' stick shift mini-van. We only had one car, but my parents were VERY good about letting me drive it all over. Looking back, I wonder how many times they had places to go, but I got to take it with my friends to a cast party or a church dance.
4. It's Friday night, where were you? On a date with Rick...unless it was a play performance weekend..then I was there and at a cast party.
5. Were you a party animal? Not in the traditional sense. I hung out a lot, had a lot of friends, and went to cast parties...but I never joined in the drinking and etc.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Yes. I thought I was just "friendly," but it sure made my boyfriends jealous, so I guess I probably was a flirt.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope.
8. Were you a nerd? Three AP classes my senior year---I guess I was a nerd.
9. Did you get suspended or expelled? No
10. Can you sing the fight song? No. Fight songs weren't a big deal in my High School
11. Who were your favorite teachers? My calculus teacher, Ms. Brooks. The theatre advisor, Ms. Frank.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? Either Aimee's house or my house. We both lived close to the school. When we went home, we usually brought a whole bunch of friends with us.
13. What is your schools full name? BHS
15. Did you go to Prom? Of course! It was so fun! We ate up at a very expensive restaurant up on the mountain. I remember being scared that we'd have to wash dishes to pay for the meal...since it was so expensive, but my date had planned well. After Prom, our school always has JAM (Just After Midnight) where the school is totally transformed...you don't even know where in the school you are-it looks that different and the kids are locked in from midnight to 5 am. There are a billion games, from "gambling" to sumo wrestling to Karaoke, and more than you could ever eat or drink. There's a fake wedding ceremony for the Prom dates to join in. It was a blast!
16. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Nope. I had such an awesome high school life that I am afraid I'd mess it up!
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Singing with senior choir.
18. What was your fav. class? Student Council or math, of course!
19. Where were you on senior skip day? The zoo. A funny place for a group of high schoolers to ditch to, but we did!
20. Did you have a job your senior year? After graduation I did...I worked at Good Times, a brand new local burger stop.
21. Where did you go most often for lunch? home
22. Have you gained weight since then? Do I really have to answer that? Haven't we all? (yes, I have)
23. What did you do after graduation? Went to a million senior parties, including my own. Then, I think I spent the evening with my boyfriend...but I can't remember for sure. I am certain I was with either Aimee, Rick, or both.
25. Who was your Senior prom date? Rick K. He asked me to Prom in the most romantic way. I was light manager of a million plays so I was considered light guru of the school. A friend came running down the hall, saying that the principal needed me immediately in the light room (this had happened many times before)...so I went up there. When I got there, the door was already open and there was a note on the spotlight saying "Turn on the spotlight. Don't move it. Just turn it on." When I did, Rick was on the stage with a dozen roses and a big sign saying "Will you go to Prom with me?" Now isn't that sweet? He wasn't my boyfriend at the time, but became my boyfriend in the weeks prior to Prom, so by the time Prom came around, we'd been dating awhile.
26. Are you going to your 10 year reunion? I went to it last a few years ago. It was awesome. I wish that more of my friends had been there, but I had a great time with those that I got to reconnect with.
27. Who was your home room teacher? I don't think we had home room.

3 comments:

nikko said...

Very cool!

Joyismygoal said...

Fun anwers, I think we could have been friends too

Suzanne said...

How fun! I did the high school meme too! :)