Friday, May 18, 2007

Musings of a frazzled woman

I have once again been absent for a long time. And, to be honest, should be absent again today! -sigh- It is going to be one of those 3-4 week stretches of time that years later you look back on and wonder how in the world you made it through.

It has been tough this week: our lovely CA left Monday for her lunch break and never returned...emailing us hours later that she had to leave out of town for a family emergency! This left us in such a bind. We never recovered from her week and a half vacation that she took a few weeks ago and now so much more is on DH and I's shoulders. The cool thing in all of this is that once I found out that she had left I had a distinct (almost audible) impression: "Don't worry. I'll take care of you." and take care of us He has. We have been so blessed. DH had the inspiration to ask a patient if she wanted to work for us for three weeks and it is perfect for her and her family at this time, as well. She is a SAHM, but likes the break (and a little spending money), but isn't offended that we only need her for three weeks. She just started and is already doing a good job. The problem is that there are many things that our CA took care of after being with us a year that now we still have to take care of them.

I have spent many nights going to bed at 1 am and then beginning the day over again at 6. Sometimes...like last night...I was at the clinic working until after midnight. But other times we were up watching the JAZZ WIN! Go Jazz! We are so excited for them...hopefully then can continue to win. It is fun, too, since most of the fans in this area turned into Jazz fans when our local team lost!

I have a few random pictures to post from this last week. Another of K with her limo. Then C had a party on Saturday at Jumping Party for his friend A. Here he is with her; his best friend, G; and a bunch of them at the party. I also have pictures of Little Dan playing around! Isn't he cute?


He is a blog post in and of himself! In the span of about an hour yesterday, he ate dog food, dumped a houseplant on top of himself, broke the antenna to the TV, and ran me ragged. I love him so much, though, and this terror stage also comes with a fun side...like side-splitting laughs when playing peak-a-boo, open-mouth slobbery kisses on my cheek, or the first little words: "mama," "mas," or "bano" (pronounced "baba"...but he only does it when the water is running for his bath-so I am pretty sure that is what he is attempting to say).

Finally, I just want to say that I am so blessed: I am running myself into the ground, but I am so blessed. I have a DH that never hits, yells, or puts me down, but rather is very supportive and loving. I have three wonderful kids that love to talk back, but also love to give me hugs. I live in the USA. I have a home, a garden, a yard, and a dog. I also have a fishtank with no fish...but that's another story. I have the gospel and the May Ensign. I have plenty to eat, wear, and drive. See? I am one of the lucky ones. How can I complain?

BTW: speaking of kids...K and C are both on a field trip today. It is the Accelerated Reader (A.R.) field trip and only 10 kids in the whole school qualified to go. I am proud of them and their reading. C is only in Kindergarten and he has 57 points. K is in 2nd and has 90 something points. C is currently reading Harry Potter. When he bought it at Half Price Books, I thought it would just go on his shelf...he is only FIVE, you know! But...he has been reading and reading and reading and is more than 1/3 through in less than a week. Impressive!

Sorry for the novel...it has all been saved up for over a week!