Sunday, May 20, 2007



First of all, thanks to everyone...especially my very dear RLFs (it is always odd to me to write this...if you know me, you might know why!) for offering to help. Unfortunately for me, the reason I have so much to do...is that no one else can really do it. Maybe I'll have a meet-me-at- the-clinic-at-midnight-for-ice-cream party! That would be fun.


And...I am really trying hard to blog more frequently. For one thing, it is a wonderful me-time outlet. For another...I think it serves a marvellous family history/journaling purpose. How fun it would have been to learn of our great-great ancestors through blogs...we could read their thoughts, see what they did day-to-day, and even have pictures of the events. So...here I am 2-3 days in a row! :)


We had free tickets to the local minor league baseball game last night. We debated going: we have so much going on, we are not a baseball family, etc. But, DH and I really needed to do something different and it was a gorgeous night and it was FREE. So, we went. It was so boring. It was nice to do something different, but the kids hated it: they think baseball is boring, "all you do is watch someone throw a ball and others hit it." We tried to explain to them that we are a basketball family, but really all that is is watching people throw the ball around and then through a hoop. How boring is that? They whined the whole time. But, in their defense it was boring. We were there for five innings and our local team never got a run. There were a lot of "walks," which means really bad pitching on both sides. Looking back, I should have just kept working and let the kids just read or something, but then I wouldn't have these gorgeous pictures of K pouting!


We had the missionaries for dinner tonight. I made yummy Cashew Chicken, but DH had to go Home Teaching right after so we had to eat fast. I don't really know if the missionaries liked it, but it is so delicious that I will have to post the recipe at some point!

7 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Sounds Yummy:p The Cats are a bit of a beating, as is baseball alone, I prefer the game where some one throughs the ball through his knees to another and he throws it to someone else and everyone tries to knock each other down before they run under the big poles:) the fireworks are the only fun partof BB did you guys have any?

Joyismygoal said...

that should have been throws:)

nikko said...

You had missionaries for dinner? How did they taste? ;oP

I agree...Baseball is extremely boring. Our kids had fun at the Rangers game -- eating snacks and playing with the other kids! They could have cared less about the game itself.

Anonymous said...

You are doing so much better at the blogging then I am. I would like to use it as an out let to so much but I am also worried that I am a little too hard on my kids not word enough on the house work and could just do better all a round, but maybe non of that matters.
You are doing a great job and you should take a little time just for you!

utmommy said...

I'd love the recipe. I'm always up for a new one.

Sorry the game was boring.

Tori :) said...

I'm sorry the game was a bummer. I think baseball is boring to watch.
I know how owning your own business can be so frustrating and time consuming. We just sold my husband's youth residential treatment facility! It was so crazy.
Good luck and (((hugs))) to you!!

Suzanne said...

I hope life calms down for you soon! It sounds like you're on top of things though! :)