Sunday, October 11, 2009

Darn Cycles and My Own Challenge

First....why do I have to go through the cycles? I am so down and depressed today. I wonder why he would ever leave me. What did I do wrong? Why would he not want to be in this home we created together with the kids we created together? Why? Why? Why? What more is there out in the big bad world that he would want? I just miss him so much. I am happy to report, however, that while these icky cycles used to happen every few days, this time it was more than a month between my last "down" and this one that kind of started a few days ago.

Second, I have given myself a challenge and I already want to break it. Maybe if I post about it I will hold fast. I usually grocery shop once a week. I did late last week. After I got home, I decided to not shop again for nearly three weeks. I did not shop for three weeks, I had only shopped for one. But, in a small way, it is to see just how prepared I am. Now, I am kicking myself for not buying more fresh fruits and veggies and more dairy products. I only bought enough to last the week, not three! I guess it will be more of a fair experiment this way. If we run out of milk, I guess we'll try that powdered stuff. If we run out of eggs... powdered stuff again. If we run out of bread, guess I'll be baking some. We'll just see how it goes. So....17 more days until I can shop again. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Lisette said...

One of my favorite songs: "The sun will come out tomorrow, but you gotta hang on till tomorrow...come what may..."

This goes for you down times and your shopping challenge.

Staci Danford said...

So sorry for your sorrow. I hear it in your words.. Just know there are random people out here in the BLOg world, of whom you have never even met who are saying a prayer.
Bliss and Blessing your WAY,
Staci

nikko said...

So sorry. No words, just (((hugs)))

Good luck with the shopping. If I planned well, we could probably go 2 weeks, but 3? My fridge isn't big enough to hold three weeks worth of milk for our family! LOL!

Jay said...

3 weeks?! Wowser! I'd love to go 3 weeks without food shopping--I don't like it much--but I don't think I could plan it well enough. Let me know how it goes!! Hope your day(s) brighten really soon!

KP said...

Cycles are what we have so we know when to appreciate the good times. Hopefully you will have ups more than downs. Amazing family picture by the way!

The Texas Bakers said...

I am also very sorry about the hard times you continue to have. I can't imagine, but am thinking of you.
Good luck with the 3-week challenge. Mmm, powdered milk. I agree that your new family pic is really great!