Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, DH!

Happy Birthday to DH! This would've been our 15th one celebrated together. I hope he had a good day. I had the kids call and wish him a happy birthday at the crack of dawn. This afternoon we made him a cake (which the kids decorated themselves!) and wrapped his presents. We also decorated the yard with balloons so that when he came to pick them up, he would feel loved. They are out to eat with him right now. I hope they are having a great time.

I miss him. Today has been tough. Amongst all the other presents we gave him (including Jazz tickets), I gave him what he told me he wanted most for his birthday: I signed our divorce decree. Happy Birthday, my dear DH. Still love you.

7 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

oooHH ((HUGS))

The Texas Bakers said...

You are such a bigger and better person than I would be in that situation. Hang in there!

Sox said...

Good for you!! You did nice things and helped make him feel special on his b-day. You are being such a good example to you kids. I am soooooo proud of you and your handling of this tough situation!!!!!!

Colleen said...

So many thoughts, don't know how to put them into words that might help. I'm sorry! Love you, still think about you all the time!

Been there - I remember his birthday and our anniversary every year. He turned 30 a month before I did this year. A part of me wanted - for a split second - to send him a card to let him know I remembered and then thought, no, knew, that in my case that was so not appropriate and would hurt my husband's feelings. It is hard to love someone so much and then one day have to pretend you don't care and never knew them better than anyone else in this world. It feels unnatural!

Jay said...

You are such a good person. I'm sorry for the day. Wish I could make it better.

victoria said...

I'm so, so sorry. How kind of you to be so thoughtful on his birthday. (Does the cake say "Poopy?")

Suzanne said...

R, I think you are such a good person. You truly have a kind heart, even in uncomfortable situations. We all could learn a lesson from you!