Sunday, October 18, 2009

Old and New

Wow! It has been a very crazy/fun week and I don't even know where to begin with posting! Ice skating on Monday? C's play on Thursday? Pumpkin Patch on Friday? I plan to post pictures of all of it.

Today, however, I am posting about my comforter set. My old one I have had for only three years, I think. But, this means it was DH's and I's set. I decided I was ready to change the bedroom a little and purchased this new set. I am very pleased with it. I am not a curtain person in general. I like the simple of lines of the big slat blinds. But, I think I am even going to add curtains to my room as well.

Here are the before and after. Notice the "I love you" stuffed animal in the before. DH gave that to me a few years ago for Valentine's Day. It was also time for that to go. Hope someone at Goodwill can use a cute gorilla! :)

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Actually, the pictures don't do either one justice. They both looked better in person...but you get the idea, I guess.

8 comments:

nikko said...

The new set is so pretty! Yay for change!

Rachel said...

The new set is SOO beautiful. I love it ALOT! Good job!

The Tall and Short of it said...

It does look better in person! I really like it! =) I am proud of you!

The Texas Bakers said...

Your new comforter set is beautiful. I love how it looks with the wood.

shana said...

Good choice. That is a great look!

victoria said...

Beautiful! I've enjoyed catching up on your posts. (We moved recently and so I'm just getting re-organized.) I'm so sad for the hardships you're facing. I'm happy and inspired for the strength and bright spots you're finding. Your children are beautiful. And you are so beautiful - especially in that picture with LD on his birthday. woot-woot! Hope you have fun with your Christmas project . . . whatever it may be! Much love to you.

Andrea said...

Love it!!

Anne said...

WOW! I really like your new set! I'm sure times are rough, but it looks like this was a great move!