Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Questions for all my divorced friends....

Do you ever get over it? Do you ever heal? Do you still miss him/her so much sometimes it feels like you will explode?

Really...this post sounds more pathetic than I really have felt. Actually, I am doing REALLY well. I have been better the last 3-4 weeks than I have been in probably the last year. But, tonight, I miss him so much I feel like I could just die with heartache.

I know it will just continue to get better...but, tonight, just for tonight, I need some reassurance.

5 comments:

Lana said...

YES, it gets better. Someday you'll hardly think of him. and you will be happy.

...but, even 15 years later there are days that are sad. and things that I miss.

nikko said...

No answers for you, but just some hugs!

(by the way, Alicia did come to the church and bring me your bag of stuff... so I have it now!)

Colleen said...

It definitely gets better, and you can be fully happy again. But I agree with txmommy, there are days that things haunt me still. I have to pray daily to be able to forgive and feel peace. It's been 7 years for me. When someone is your best friend, and suddenly that is ripped away, I think it is normal to mourn for a long time.(hugs)

Suzanne said...

Just stopping in to say "hi"! I've been thinking of you and praying for you. I hope your burdened is lightened with time! ***Hugs***

Lisette said...

I know it's not the same but we will ALWAYS be here for you. We love you sooooo much!