Thursday, September 6, 2012

An Angel and A Best Friend

Years ago, Heavenly Father sent me an angel.  She has been there for me through ups and downs-including the divorce and all it entailed.  I listened to an old General Conference talk by Elder Holland (of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles) from October 2008 this morning.  This was in the middle of my heartaches and I felt like many of his words were just for me.  One thing he talked about was those mortal angels that God places in our paths to provide us with the love and comfort that He would provide if He were here.

J is one of my angels.  Our friendship is so amazing to me and I just am in awe of her goodness and what a great friend she is to me.  

But, J moved.  About an hour and half away.  :(  This was what was best for her family and I knew that-but it was still difficult to see her go.  

Since I had not seen her new home, the kids and I packed up in the morning and drove to visit their family an hour and a half away.  So worth it!!!!  Our kids played (or hung out) well together and we got to visit one-on-one and not just over the phone.
 Unfortunately, the two pictures we took did not turn out great, but they are here- as a reminder of the visit and of our friendship.
See the belly?  That was a month ago!  I am bigger now!  Thanks, J, for hosting us and letting us come over!  J is truly one of my very dearest friends.  She understands me and uplifts me in a way that few have ever done for me.  I am blessed.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing the link.
I also wanted to say thanks for blogging. I've read on and off for a long time, and now that I'm going thru similar challenges it helps to know that you made it and have a good happy life. Thank you!