Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Scout Crossover and Arrow of Light

Last night, C had his official crossover into boy scouts.  He has been an 11-year-old scout for two months, but the ceremony to go from cubs to boy scouts was held last night.

As I prepared to load pictures for that ceremony, I found some other pictures that I had not yet uploaded and talked about--including C's Arrow of Light ceremony from June.  Arrow of Light is one of the highest achievements that you can earn as a cub scout and is one of or the only one that you can take with you on your scout uniform.  I am proud of him for the extra work that it took for him to earn this arrow.  :)

So, here's the Arrow of Light Ceremony from June:

 I miss this woman so much...The cubmaster moved since this ceremony.  She is missed by all.


 
 


Now for the crossover ceremony last night.  He officially moved from being a cub (Webelo) to being a boy scout.  They did a great job with their welcome.  Brother N is great.  I hope he stays in charge for the entire time that C is a boy scout.  I am very impressed with him.

 Here he is crossing over, with the boy scouts waiting to receive him:

 Now they are putting on the new neckerchief, a symbol of his crossover.

 After they changed his neckerchief and bands, they had him take his parents across.  I can't believe that it is difficult to see my big belly....38 weeks pregnant!

I am soooooo proud of him and his desire and love of scouting.  I know that it will help him to mature into a responsible man.  I am grateful for him and his example to me.  I am so blessed.

No comments: