Friday, April 12, 2013

Girl Time

CK and C and J are at a campout tonight.  K invited a friend from our old neighborhood and school over.  It is so fun to have just S and K and V and I here.  I am so glad that S and K are still good friends even thought we moved a year ago.  They are both really good girls that make good choices and strive to choose what is right and influence their friends to do the same. 

We have been pretty laid back tonight.  We ate at my favorite place (Freebirds!), then the girls played Harry Potter SceneIt and are watching The Hobbit and eating popcorn.  I love evenings like this.


I sure do miss CK though.  As a family, we have had a very busy week and every night CK and I have been going different directions.  All the things we did were good and most were only for this week, but I do miss my time with him.  I am so glad that I cherish time with him so much.  I am so glad that our marriage is so strong and that we thrive together.

On a little side note, I have to sing praises to our ex-spouses.  They both love the kids tremendously and it shows by them always putting the kids first.  A's mom is always so willing to arrange A's schedule to allow us to see her both here and there as much as possible.  XDH is always striving to do what is best for K, C, and J as well.  Tonight all of them were scheduled to be with him, but, knowing that C and J both wanted to camp (and that it would help C with scout requirements), he graciously gave them this opportunity tonight.  Then, knowing K cherishes her time with friends, he volunteered to allow her this time to be with friends tonight.  I am so grateful to both of them for their love and care of the children we share.

I am so blessed.  I am so happy.  I love my life.  I love my family.  I love all the opportunities that I have been given.  I am blessed.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So happy for you. It's nice to know that happiness can come after pain.