Tuesday, April 23, 2013

In some ways, she is sooooooooooooo like me!

For those of you that know us - and even if you have just seen our pictures - K really doesn't look anything like me.  She is pretty much all her dad.  She even has a lot of her dad's personality too.  Pretty cool. 

But, every once in a while, I see her exhibiting characteristics of me.  This one is fun:  She is so sentimental.  And, she remembers things. 

As an example, this is her one year to the day from when she changed schools and started her new school.  She remembered what she wore and how it felt.  She wore the same clothes and thought a lot about what happened last year when she switched.


It was a tough move for her.  She had great friends at her old school and it was hard to leave.

But, she is an amazing girl and she is tough.  She persevered through the hard and horrible times and now LOVES her school and LOVES her friends.  She is thriving.  I am so proud of her.  I am blessed to be her Mom.  I love talking with her and hanging out with her.  She has matured so much and she is so much fun.  I can't imagine my life without her, nor do I want to.  I love her very much.  I know she is nervous to begin high school next year, but she will thrive there as well, I am sure.  :)

No comments: