Thursday, April 11, 2013

It Won't Be Long Now

So, it is a little difficult to judge the distance....I tried, but cameras just don't always do it justice.

The burp rag on the floor in front is where V started out.  She was drinking her bottle.  I was sitting near her working on some cub scout stuff.  It was fun to watch her maneuver her way across the floor.  I did not touch her at all.  As you can see, she ended up under the swing.  After the pictures were taken, she kept going all the way under the swing and to the wall, then she couldn't figure out how to get out.



WOW!  She is more mobile today than she was yesterday and more mobile this week than last.  She is trying to figure out how to crawl, but right now just rolls, scoots, and pivots.

I am scared.  I am not ready for a crawler.  I am hoping it takes her a while to get it down.  I am not prepared.  The whole, "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear" applies to this as well.  I am scared.  I have four older kids and a house that has never been child proofed.  I am certain there will be many messes made by her in the next few months.

She is growing so fast in other ways as well.  At the moment, she is upstairs "napping" in her crib, instead of her bassinet in our room.  I say "napping" but I can hear her chatting over the monitor.  This is her first experience in her crib.  (It is so far away from our room that I kind of put it off!  No other kids were in my room past about 1 month, but I had bedrooms for them next door to mine, instead of forever away.  This house was not designed for infants!)

She is babbling up a storm.  She is stringing sounds together now and we frequently hear "Mama" and "Dada," but I am sure she doesn't know yet what she is saying.  It is fun, though!

She also has some swollen gums...signifying teeth are on the way.  Might still be a while, but they are there and coming.

Wow!  I love her!  I cherish each milestone, even if I complain about her mobility.  I am so blessed!

No comments: