Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Baby Girl!

K turned 14 today!  14!!!  I am ready and not ready.  She is amazing.  She has matured into a wonderful young lady.  I see a very bright future ahead of her as she begins high school this year, but 14!  That makes me feel old as her Mama.  I am so blessed, though, she is amazing and I am the luckiest Mom ever.  So blessed indeed!

 I always make the kids whatever they want to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on their birthdays.  Breakfast was donuts at the donut shop.  Yum!


 K and one of her best friends went to the movies today.  They saw Monsters U.  I think they liked it.  Before they went, however, K decided she wanted her one present from us.  I know she suspected what it might be....especially since we only gave her one present!  It used all our budget and more, but she is worth it.
 Because we only had one present, I wrapped it and wrapped it and wrapped it.  At least, she had a lot to open!  She enjoyed it as evidenced below.

 Finally, she saw what it was and her face says it all....
 It is a smart phone.  It isn't fancy, but it is a phone that we can afford to pay monthly for her.  She is so excited!  She is enthralled with the Internet away from Wi-Fi.  :)
 On a side note, look at the mantle.....it is getting crowded.  That is because V gets into EVERYTHING!!!  This means that we are finding places for some of our treasures to go, especially those that were on the hearth.
 WOW!!!  Isn't she beautiful???
 And, then after her lunch of BLTs (with homegrown tomatoes!!!!), homemade chicken noodle soup, and applesauce, her siblings got to give her the gifts that they chose.



 And...I had to have a picture with us together.  As K says, it should be my day too....I birthed her!
 This is the cake she requested....exactly as she requested it. The thing is....we have never used this frosting recipe on a layer cake.  Hmmmm....see below.....it doesn't work so well.  It sure does taste good, though, although this extra frosting makes the cake extra rich. A bite or two is all you can have.

 And...I have a funny story to share....and I can imagine us laughing about it in blog books in years to come. 

I always have candles.  Always.  This time I knew I was getting low and I planned to buy them when I went grocery shopping.  Somehow I forgot.  I went to a different grocery store this morning and I remembered, but they didn't have any.  Oh well....I probably had 7-10 at least, so maybe she would not get to blow out 14, but at least some. 

Nope.  I was wrong.  NONE!  And, by the time I discovered that it was NONE, it was too late to run to the store and buy some...we had to eat the cake and get the kiddos to their dad.  Hmmm... What to do?  Well, I went to the neighbors' house and asked them.  They had one...a Thomas the Tank Engine one...Ha Ha...K got to blow out a Thomas candle on her 14th birthday.  Luckily she is a very good sport and we just all found it funny.


 My sister and her kiddos dropped by with a surprise for K.  She loved it.  And I love this picture of them....except that S's eyes are closed.   Oh well, look how beautiful she is anyway.  She got the beauty genes as well as the funny genes in my family!
 Now for a cousins picture.  Only V is missing for all cousins on my side of the family.
I took another, since E's hair was covering C's face in the first one, but I loved them both...so I used them both.

Happy, Happy Birthday, K!  I love you!  I am so proud of you.  You are so talented in so many ways.  You are a friend to all.  You are such a helper to me.  I don't know how I would survive without you.  I love our chats...you are truly one of my very best friends and I hope it will always be that way!  You are intelligent and you are willing to work to achieve your desires and dreams.  You are a great big sister.  All four of your younger siblings look up to you with such love and respect.  You are willing to stand for what is right and that takes courage.   I love you, my sweet girl. 

In other news, I do have a few posts to catch up on.... -sigh-..... behind again.

No comments: