Monday, July 21, 2014

Family Home Evening Cupcakes

A was treat for Family Home Evening.  This girl LOVES cupcakes.  And, she loves designing cupcakes.  So, she and I spent a while making cupcakes for Family Home Evening.

Somehow I uploaded the pictures in opposite chronological order, so we will just work backwards.  I have a lot going on in my life right now.  A few things are straws that are threatening to break this camel's back...but I just have to take a deep breath and carry on.  All is well.  All is well.  But, it does mean that I don't have the luxury of the time to reverse the order of these pictures.  :)

Anyhow, these are the leftover cupcakes:

The proud chefs with their creations:

A had spent an hour or two trying to decide what kind to make.  We had to think about cost to make them and time they would take.  She fell in love with these penguin ones since J absolutely LOVES penguins and she wanted to surprise him.  They fit the other two stipulations as well, so they were chosen.
The sad part is that in an effort to hide them from J, we put them in CK's office, hidden in the corner.  Somehow he happened to go in the office to talk to someone and look in that obscure corner.  The surprise was lost.  A was sad.


Earlier this week, we also took some more number day pictures.  A's was a couple of days late...she was actually with her other family on the 14th.
And, here is my little terrible two-er.  She is 22 months old and just a pill and a half.  I love her so much, but she is hard right now.  She screams piercing screams all the time.  She climbs on everything and I frequently worry about a head split open from a fall.  She does the opposite of what you ask her to do.  She says "MINE" about everything.

A quick story.  Today, I was doing dishes and I turn around and find V kicking Baby C over and over as he was lying on the floor.  I move her to the couch for "time out" and talk to her for about 20 seconds.  Once she was down again, she goes and kicks Baby C again as hard as she can.  Needless to say I moved Baby C and I put her back on the couch.
She has such a goofy smile these days.  I sure love all the words she can say and hearing her personality come out.  I do indeed love her so much!

No comments: