Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 7: July 6: Visit to my family, BYU, and a grown-ups only "date."

LD in Grandma's Chair
My Family With Grandma
My Parents with all their Grandkids
My Parents with four of their five children
At BYU
On Friday, we headed down South to Utah County to visit my dear Grandmother. LD got to sit in her little chair---one all the kids have sat in and that has been in our family for generations...I don't quite remember the history at this point or exactly how far it goes back.
I also got to take pictures with my parents and all of their grandkids so far and another with my parents and all of their children, except my brother that is on a mission in Washington state. That was cool.
After much debate, we ended up going for lunch at the Brick Oven. It was yummy and so nice to have a whole couple of hours sitting by my grandma.
After we said good-byes, DH and I went and visited BYU. Sis and her hubby and kids came too. It has changed a lot since we were there. In certain buildings, we could almost feel the stress coming back. My main building was the Talmage and...I could've just walked in, plopped myself down and began studying...craziness!
After we got back, we went out to dinner with all the adults. That was a welcome reprieve from the kids and they had a blast playing with all the cousins. LD did okay.

4 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Wow what a great time, all the family fun, Church sites and BYU are always so uplifting and you did a really good job documenting it.

Suzanne said...

How fun that you've posted all these pictures! It looks like you're having a fantastic time. Those pictures of all the grandkids with your parents are so priceless and I think that's cool that you're showing your kids memories from you past at BYU! :)

zeebee said...

We miss you guys so much!!!

utmommy said...

Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful vacation. All your family pix are darling. You look great!!

Isn't family time great?!!