Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It feels so good to be clean when you've been so dirty.

Today I headed out to mow the backyard grass (affectionately known as the jungle). Between the downpours before our vacation and the time away from home...it had not been mowed in awhile (Don't worry the front was mowed...we won't be headed to code-infraction court anytime soon). LD decided napping wasn't a good plan this morning and I had other things to do as well...so I didn't get out there until 10 o'clock. It was already hot, really hot. By the time LD woke up and started screaming I was sunburned, tired, and drenched in sweat. I came in, calmed LD and left him with the big kids, and headed for the shower.

Now, showering is nothing new to me. I shower daily. It feels good, but mostly it is a matter or routine and personal hygiene (I'm a poet today!). But...on days like today...being clean never feels so good as when you've been so dirty! Washing off the particles of dust, grass, probably some poor fire ant parts that were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and sweat felt incredible.

It really made me reflect. I think that someday I will have the opportunity to face my Savior and thank him for making it possible to be so clean when I felt so dirty. And, it will feel so good.

On another note, I apprehensively stepped on the scales for the first time in a few months. I did lose those nine pounds in April/May. But..that was BEFORE my walking buddy traded me in for a local gym, my kids got out of school, my stress level with the clinic skyrocketed (and I am Queen Stresseater--no matter how hard I try---Give me Stress and I will EAT!), and I went on vacation (vacation=fast food on the drives, eating out to "celebrate" with friends and family, and lots of together-time eating). So, I expected to be back to square one with the weight losing...SURPRISE! I had lost an additional ten pounds since my last weighing in May! YIPPEE! Now I am down 19! Only 20 more to go to be where I want to be (although honestly ten would make me feel pretty darn good!).

7 comments:

nikko said...

Sorry LD didn't want you to mow. Yay for unexpected weight loss!

Joyismygoal said...

woohoo for clean and skinny

Anonymous said...

very neat point you made there :) kathleen

Lana said...

whoo hoo!

being clean is awesome, I often think of the day when we will really be cleaned forever of our sins.

utmommy said...

I know the feeling of a wonderful shower. I helped DH out in the yard on Monday in the heat. We were both so dirty. That shower was so wonderful!

And I'm sure meeting our Savior will be even more wonderful.

Yeah for weight loss. I've lost 17, but still have 43 to go. What a fatty am I? Oh well, at least I'm losing.

Suzanne said...

Congrats on your weightloss! That is a huge amount! You must have been so busy that it just slipped off a little here and there.

I think it will be such an overwhelming and humbling experience someday to see the Savior and be able to thank him. Great post! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the 19. I am jealous. I've been trying to loose for 4 months and have dropped only 2! Can you believe that...2 lbs. :(.