Thursday, July 19, 2007

Trip Day 10: July 9, 2007: Driving to Colorado



We woke up semi-early to get "on the road again." It was a beautiful day--a little sunny, but beautiful. We drove through Wyoming to get back to Denver. It was relatively uneventful. We had a near-accident when an old lady decided to pass the vehicle in front of her, but I was in the lane next to her. After that incident, K said that the angels must have been pushing our car so that we didn't get hit. I think so, too. I don't know how we avoided a collision....except that I was all the way on the shoulder...and the angels must've been pushing, too. We had to stop at a rest area since Little Dan was screaming and there weren't any towns for miles. I don't stop at too many rest areas since I don't want to make it obvious that I am a woman by myself with three kids. This was a nice one, however, and the break was welcomed by all.


My parents and brother also drove home to Colorado that day. They usually take I-70, but (I didn't know at the time) had decided to take I-80 to follow me just in case I needed them. When I found out about this, it was a comfort to know that they were twoish hours behind me....just in case. We ended up making it "home" before they did and spent a couple hours showering, playing, relaxing, or crawling.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Your boys are so adorable! Isn't Colorado a good place to be right now? We are loving the weather!

zeebee said...

What a close call! I'm so glad there were angels looking out for you!