Tuesday, July 3, 2007

We Made It!

After 27 hours of driving in the car, at least ten construction zones, multiple trips to nasty, greasy fast food places, and many diaper changes in the van, we arrived this evening in Utah! I need to give special thanks to my mom who flew out and drove with me the first 16 hours to Denver, a lot of prayers of friends, and the added strength and peace I received. LD did really quite well. He screamed the last hour to Denver on Saturday and the first hour today (Monday) to Utah. Sometimes I still can't believe that I drove all day with three kids by myself. Am I crazy? So...journaling of the trip. Sat. June 30: drove to Denver. Sun. July 1: Church in my parents ward, rest, and visiting. Mon. July 2: drove to Utah.

Now I am with my sister and I love being close to her so much. I wish we lived closer. Her kids are sooooooooooooooooooo cute. They have precious light blond hair that enhances their cuteness. They don't look anything like my kids, though, and they are cousins!

I just have to also mention that we finally reconciled and hired our very old receptionist (the one that left us and started these weeks from Heck) back. DH finally decided that we couldn't take it anymore. We weren't sleeping. We were going CRAZY. We weren't able between the two of us to accomplish everything that needed to be done. We were losing thousands of dollars. All this had to stop and with the trouble we had finding good help...it seemed she was the only way. We had a long talk with her and she apologized and we offered her her old job back, which she gladly accepted. At that moment, DH and I felt like the load of the world had been lifted off our shoulders and we could be at peace. Even the mood within the clinic was tangibly more calm and peaceful. The irony is that she has to give her new job two weeks' notice!

6 comments:

Lana said...

im so glad you made it safely!! have fun :)

utmommy said...

I know all about the driving, it's soooooo far to Texas. I wish L and I lived closer too!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad you made it to Utah safely.

I'm also glad you were able to take care of things with work. It sounds like a huge burden has been lifted off you.

Have fun visiting with your sister!

Joyismygoal said...

I too am glad you made it to Utah safely there was severe weather did youdrive through it?.

nikko said...

I'm glad you had a safe drive. I thought about calling you several times, but didn't want to disrupt your driving! :o) I'm glad your mom flew out. I was hoping that would be what you did.

:o)

Anonymous said...

So glad that you made it safe! I understand that one, we have driven to Edmonton Canada with 4 kids (11, 4, 2, 1 years old) it can be very hard on kids to be in the car for a long time and can drive mom crazy!