Thursday, March 13, 2008

He knows who I am

Isn't it awesome how sometimes there are just too many "coincidences" in this life to ignore! It has been a busy week. It will continue to be a busy week. I was just sitting here, feeling overwhelmed by all I must do, need to do, and want to do. It was just one of those moments. Minutes before, however, I had been watching this DVR'd Women's Conference broadcast while exercising. I had left it going in the background...and listen to what I heard, words of President Hinckley, quoted by Sister Ardeth G. Kapp, "I feel to invite women everywhere to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope you will not try to set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass" What an answer to an unspoken prayer--especially the not setting goals far beyond my capacity to achieve. It was one of those moments that I realize that I am not alone, just one in billions of humans on this planet, but that my Heavenly Father knows who I am. :)

6 comments:

Chellie said...

I really needed that. So... thank you.

Andelin said...

I love little tender mercies like that! It makes me feel the love He has for me instead of just sort of knowing it in my head. That's neat! Thanks for sharing.

Andelin said...

P.S. Good luck with your busy week!

utmommy said...

It's amazing how those little reminders happen just when we need them to.

Jan said...

Thats how I feel everyday. I came to that realization at a low point in my life, and I have never felt alone since. I love that you live a very gospel centered life. I can tell. And its contagious. Even over the blog world. Have a great day in feeling his love for you.

Cheri said...

Yep- Every hair on your head.
Have a blessed day!