Thursday, March 6, 2008

SNOW!

Today was the second time in a week for SNOW! I actually went out this afternoon and took a picture...it is the South afterall...it might melt before the kids got home from school. But...it kept on snowing and snowing and snowing. LD didn't quite know what to do with it. It is his first experience with it. How different from me growing up in Utah and Colorado where snow was much more common in the winter. My kids thought the light dusting on Monday night was a huge amount. I think I have about 2-3 inches out there right now and it is still coming down! This is probably the second-most snow we've seen since moving here more than six years ago. How fun. Now...if my kids' (and kids all around the area's) prayers are answered...there will be no school tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see about that one. For now, it is frozen fingers, hot chocolate, warm soup, crazy, wild kids, and the peaceful feeling that comes from having the lovely white blanket over our neighborhood.

12 comments:

Andelin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

I saw the winter weather advisory today... enjoy the white stuff!!

Cheri said...

I love the picture of your son- he really does look lost!
Enjoy the snow and hot chocolate.

Chellie said...

Whaaaa? Crazy snow, doesn't it know it's March?
I LOVE all of the pictures! Isn't snow great when you least expect it?!

P.S. thanks for your comment... that was nice to say I'm cute :) I definitely don't feel it... hence, the lack of pictures of me :)

Jan said...

I can't even imagine snow right now. It has been gorgeous here in WA. But still I love the clean fun snow produces for the kids. Great pics.

utmommy said...

I can't believe it, you guys have more snow than we do.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

ao fun in the snow love the pic of j and you on the side

zeebee said...

It was SOOO good to talk to you the other day!!! I didn't know about the snow until I read your email after we talked--wow! I'm guessing they didn't have school...Way to go C and K with the basketball season! They look so good in those pictures.

Anne said...

Love your pictures of the snow! Wasn't that crazy?? I had no idea it was even going to snow- then they delayed school the next day??!! HAHA you can tell we are in the south! :)

Andelin said...

So how much did it end up snowing and how long did it last?

Maggie said...

No more snow, please!

Kailee said...

AAH! I'm HAPPY that the snow is gone over here in Utah. it kept snowing and snowing forever. it is finally warm for us to wear shorts. but its good for you guys. that sounds fun and your pics are cute!