Friday, March 14, 2008

Taxi Mom

Some days it is more rewarding than others to be Taxi Mom. Today is one of those days. C had his third karate lesson. He LOVES it! He got his "gi" today (I hope that is spelled right) and he already has the kem sah down. His teacher didn't even start teaching him it until last lesson. She says that he is the faster learner she has ever had. Kids in his age group usually take six months to learn it and he has taken two weeks. Wow! :)

Then, right after karate, I had to take K to go sailing with her Activity Days leader (from church). How fun! I was jealous. They had such a good time. I love her leader. I love the other girls and I love the independence that I see her growing into. As much as I would love to keep her my little girl forever, it is very rewarding to see her maturing and some of the decisions that she is making now.

Some days...even amid the hecticness...it is awesome to be a mom!

8 comments:

nikko said...

I'm glad that C is liking karate! The sailing activity looks like a lot of fun.

Anne said...

Wow, he is doing great in Karate!! Where does he go? I need to get Josh in a good program.

Chellie said...

oh yes... it is awesome to be a mom... among all the craziness, there is nothing better! ...and it helps that you are pretty awesome mom too! :)

I love that karate picture and the sailing beauty is too cute for words!

Cheri said...

What a great experience to be out sailing. I'm a little envious!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lana said...

what a cute picture of K and H :)

Lisette said...

Sounds like fun. Get used to the driving around it only gets worse the older they get and the more kids you have.

Jan said...

It is the best occupation to be a mother taxi driver. Because pretty soon, you won't have the kids in your car anymore as they tote themselves around. Enjoy the ride. Love the pics and the sailing sounds wonderful.