Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break 2008- Day 2

Well, amidst all the rain...we planned and planned and planned. I love how the kids have to figure things out on their own with just a little help from me. It is so fun. We knew it was supposed to rain...that's why today was library and friends day...but no such luck. So, we ended up waiting until after LD's nap when the rain let up a little (off and on). We then went to the library (free, of course!) and to McDonald's for dessert and playland time. I was bummed, though, since my memory card was still in my computer from this morning's post and so I couldn't take many pictures as my internal memory is full! UGH. They spent an extra $0.50 to play air hockey, and they had a wonderful time doing it. It turned out really fun. They loved both and they loved watching the flooded streets and yards that we drove by, especially since we had to take a different route to avoid the worst of the flooding. It was just so nice to be out of the house. They had been playing so happily together in the morning, that it was also so nice to be forced home as well.

Budget Summary: $39.75 - $3.25 -$0.50 = $36.00

7 comments:

Cheri said...

Glad you ended up having a good day after all!

utmommy said...

I think I need to steal your idea and let the kids plan their own spring break. Sounds like you've been having fun.

utmommy said...

I think I need to steal your idea and let the kids plan their own spring break. Sounds like you've been having fun.

utmommy said...

Sorry about the double comment.

Jan said...

You are such a frugal mother and I love it. Great day sounds like. Sunshine is on your mind I bet.

Our Family said...

It doesn't rain anywhere else like it does where you are. Drenching rain and you can't see at all. Our Spring Break is only two days. We do get out earlier than most, but I'd rather have a few extra days. I'm going to use your budget idea for the two days they are off. We'll see what happens. There isn't too much to do in our little town. Thanks for the idea.

Heather said...

Hope the rain stops!!