Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break 2008 - Day 4, Part A

What do you get when you let your kids all stay up past 11 pm and then get up early for a huge day of fun? These lovely sleeping beauties:Yep, they are currently all three asleep (forced naps for all). (Note to self: sleep when the kids sleep! Hint. Hint.) So, this morning started bright and early with "Done Before Fun" services. They whipped those babies out as they were so excited for today. Since we didn't get to have friends a couple of days ago, we worked into the budget having friends AND Putt-Putt together. K's friend got here at 9 and then we immediately went to pick up C's friend.

We headed out to a different Putt-Putt course. I was hoping it wouldn't be as crowded as last year's. We were the only ones on any of the three mini-golf courses, so I guess I made the right choice. It ended up being much older and kind of rinky-dink, but also so much calmer that I guess it was worth it. With us being the only ones outside and LD in the stroller, we couldn't follow them around very well....I guess there weren't any ADA requirements when they built this one! But, no one else was out there, so the boys played by themselves and the girls played by themselves and I just observed, taking pictures now and again. LD sat there so good. I am glad I trapped him in the stroller or he would have been torture to keep track of.

Oh, and a budget blessing happened there. We chose Putt-Putt since both K and C had gotten free passes for doing well in school. C's friend, G, had brought a pass of his own. When we got there they said that C didn't have to pay since he was still 6 and they used his pass for K's friend. I didn't golf...so that meant we were all free! We'd allotted $14.00 for this part! What a blessing.

After golf, we came inside to the video game part. I always get a little nervous since it is hard to watch all four of them at once, but I found a spot where I could see almost the whole floor and LD still stayed in his stroller. Since we had money, we used $10 to buy 80 more tokens (we still had a bunch from last year that we'd divided.). They had a blast and (imagine the coincidence) C and K ended up with the EXACT same amount of tickets: 165.

When we left from there, we stopped at a McDonald's on the way home, technically for ice cream, but there was a lot more playing in the playland than eating. The four of them had a blast together and LD wasn't too bad here, either. (cost: $5.41)

We came home and I made lunch of bagel pizzas, chips, carrots, apples, and water. Then, they played outside briefly and the friends went home.

But....our plan tomorrow was to go to Jumping Party. However, my good friend, JK's, little boy is having a birthday party there today. They can have up to 20 people, but only think 10 or so are going so they invited us along....this will save us even more on our budget, but will make for even more tired kids. I'll have to post part B when we get home.

Budget Summary: $36.00 - $0 -$10.00 - $5.41 = $20.59

5 comments:

Cheri said...

I love it when things like that happen. Your budget is doing great!

Lisette said...

I love the pictures!

Lisette said...

I love the pictures!

Lisette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Wow, you are having such a fun time... and hardly spending anything!! I can't wait to see how tomorrow (and this afternoon) go.