Sunday, April 6, 2008

Amazing Session

I typed up the last post between sessions of General Conference and I meant to just add a couple more quotes at the conclusion of this session to that last post. But, this session was so awesome that it deserved its own post! The spirit was so strong. The speakers bore such powerful witness. The counsel was so inspired. How wonderful that I got to see and hear this session! While the spirit felt is intangible and unable to put into words, I can share a few of the truths that touched my heart during the last two hours:
  • Elder David A. Bednar: "Simply saying prayers is a far different thing than engaging in meaningful prayer." We are full-time "finders." Prayers should not be a wishlist.
  • W. Craig Zwick: "Do I need to lower my standards to keep my friends?" "Are we willing to fight the unpopular battle?"
  • Lance B. Wickman: "Life is a time for giving and becoming not getting and accumulating."
  • Elder M. Russell Ballard: The informative years of a children's life is about 1/10th the lifespan of their parents. Focus on CHILDREN during the short time they are with us. If the simple things are being attended to, a mother's life is more rewarding.

And...isn't President Monson awesome? It is true that he now has that mantle of prophet.

9 comments:

Jan said...

His mantle was blazing thru the tv screen today. It was so great to connect with him as our Prophet so quickly. He will carry on the wit too. It was a powerful conference.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

LD is so cute and it is so awesome to be part of this church

dieMutti said...

I loved LD sustaining! Cute cute - the "Amen" was the Simster's favorite part too. AND - I just blogged about conference and then read yours - we put some of the same talks in but NONE of the same quotes! Just another witness that conference is for a worldwide church, but individual in nature :)

Andelin said...

I really liked that Mothers of young children talk. Since I have them, it was good to hear it!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed both sessions today, loved what the prophet had to say about the women of the church!

Suzanne said...

Conference really was wonderful! I know I've been gone for awhile. I've set my Blog to private now. If you're interested in reading it, please e-mail me at suzannesto at gmail dot com. :)

Chellie said...

I loved reading what you took away from conference. I also LOVED Elder M. Russell Ballards talk.

utmommy said...

Conference was fabulous! I loved it and got so much out of it.

victoria said...

I loved conference, too. Elder Ballard's talk was an answer to prayer (especially since last Sunday at church ended in disaster. Aack!) Nice to know so many others have been there. Thanks for your thoughts!