Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bad Rash

Poor LD. He has a bad, bad diaper rash. Both K and C never got rashes at all. LD is much more sensitive. If I don't catch a messy diaper immediately, he might have a little redness and if he eats certain foods (like grapes) it causes him problems. But, I use Desitin and it clears up within hours.

Not this time. I think it began with eating a few raisins last week so his little bum was already sensitive. Then, we had a babysitter on Friday and I don't think she changed him right away. Then, I've had a pretty bad cold and cannot smell anything...so I just check his diaper every hour or so, but I can't just go by smell to alert me of a problem.

Now it is really bad. The poor guy cries when I get ready to change his diaper. Last night I got a couple different kinds of ointments..including "Butt Paste" and some new Organic wipes. I also got him some underwear (cute boxers, huh?) to give him a little more air, but not completely exposed. He loved them. He even sat on the potty a couple of times. I am NOT training him yet, but since I bought him underwear...I thought we'd go through the motions. (Oh..in the picture...yes, he has pen on his belly. He is so mischievous! He is my only kid that writes on things...walls, books, himself...the little turkey!)
I just hope the rash is cleared up before I go out of town this weekend. DH hardly ever changes a diaper and dealing with a rash and a squirmy baby who doesn't want to be changed would be a challenge for him.

10 comments:

Cheri said...

Awwww- poor little guy. You feel so bad for them when they are hurting. I hope it clears up soon.

Suzanne said...

Hopefully it clears up soon! You wouldn't know he's in pain from the grin on his face. Maybe he is just triumphant about the pen marks! :)

Heather said...

Diaper rash is the worst. My kids hardly ever got them, but when they did they were monsterous!

Sox said...

Go ahead and train. BC was trained 3 weeks or so before his 2nd b-day. It would have been sooner, but I was too prego to take care of it. Besides, any progress you make now shortens the time when he does decide to cooperate-like next week maybe :?

Chellie said...

poor LD! I hope it clears up soon. I really like the butt paste. It has worked well for Scarlet who has much more sensitive skin than the boys did.

Misty said...

I feel for you. Big time. My oldest and youngest never got diaper rashes, but Ian used to get them so badly, his butt was COMPLETELY raw..... so bad that we would have to wash his butt with water..... nothing else, the wipes made it worse....

Here's hoping it clears on it's own quickly.

Who knew butts could be so different??

(wink)

utmommy said...

Poor baby. I hope he gets better soon. I hate when babies get rashes. It's not fun for mom or baby.

victoria said...

I wish that cute little boy a nice, dry, painless bum soon!

Anne said...

Poor guy!!! That's no fun at all!! I used Vitamin E oil for Jeremiah's supper sensative behind. Someone told me about it, and I thought they were crazy, but it worked! Hang in there, it WILL go away :)

Kailee said...

Oh, thats so sad! He looks like he's doing ok in his picture though, so thats good. G doesn't really get diaper rashes, which surprises me, seeing how many times I've put off changing her gross, dirty diapers!