Saturday, April 12, 2008

Footprints

I've been missing (from Blogland) during the last few days. I'm not sure why. Life is always busy and this week wasn't nearly as busy as some. I've had a silly cold or allergies that is causing me a lot of congestion. We had huge storms a couple of nights in a row, including a 7-8 hour power outage and a 45-60 min outage. In fact, here's a cute picture of our breakfast by candlelight. Other than that...who knows why I haven't blogged lately. Oh, and it was symphony night again last night! It was so beautiful...the best one yet. I LOVE going and I LOVE having a set date with DH. It is the best!

A couple of neat things that juxtaposed themselves, though.

First, LD decided one morning to dump the baby power on the floor. Then he walked in it. At first, it annoyed me as another one of his messes. He just is so destructive. But, then K brought it to my attention how very cute his little footprints were and I realized that I will certainly miss those little feet as they grow. (It also reminded me of the first book in the Spiderwick Chronicles!)

Then, C had to do a timeline of his life for school. It turned out really neat. I guess those footprints are already bigger for him. Ahhh! It goes too fast!

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Awwww..I remember timelines with my kids. Its reminds you of how fast they grow up.

Chellie said...

I'm glad to know that my kid isn't the only one that likes to dump things on the ground and walk through it.

I love that timeline. Absolutely adorable.

Heather said...

Those footprints are so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I realy love your lawn,garden and all everything else.

from c

Cheri said...

I love that picture of the footprints in the baby powder. It is really amazing how fast the time does go.

Kailee said...

those footprints are so cute! kids do grow up way fast. i feel the same about my little sis, G, like you do about LD.

Sox said...

Ok, so how do you get your pictures just where you want them? I haven't figured that out just yet.

victoria said...

That pic of the footprints is so great! Worth a thousand words. I love power-outages, that is, after I have found the candles and flashlights, etc. Your kids are darling!