Thursday, April 17, 2008

Friends, Hail, and a few more Hours! :)

Today, the kids had many of the neighbors come over to play in their "park" that they'd set up. It looked like a tour of the backyard to me...but I wasn't out interfering, so who knows what it really was. It turned into a boys versus girls "fight," from which no one got hurt (amazingly, since it seemed pretty intense).

Then, tonight...the sirens started going off. There weren't tornadoes in our area, but there was hail the diameter of a nickel. It was coming down so hard that I couldn't even see an inch out of the window. We did go to our "safe place" for a little while, as there was a possibility of tornadoes forming. DH was still at work and his car really got hit. It was too dark to check for damage, but without a doubt there will be some. He is so depressed about this. Here they are in the bathroom waiting out the storm:
Finally, there are just a few more hours until my friends and I leave for Time Out for Women! I am so excited! This is what DH gave me for my birthday. We leave in the morning, drive to another city, grab a quick dinner, go to Time Out (a religious seminar for women), go back to the hotel (hot tub? dessert?), talking until we're exhausted, sleep?, breakfast at the hotel, more Time Out all day long, leave and come home to see how the husbands fared with all the kids! I was a little stressed today with all I needed to do before I could leave, but now that the kids are in bed...I am so excited. And, they are, too! C, especially, can't wait to have Daddy time. He almost couldn't eat or sleep tonight since he is so excited. LD doesn't understand and I think he will miss me the most, but he will be just fine. I'll have to post pictures after we return!

9 comments:

Kailee said...

HOLY MOLY! That hail was huge! That would have been kind of exciting though its sad about your car :(

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

Wow. That is horrible hail size. You do need a time out for sure. Cute pictures and hope it didn't do to much damage.

Jan said...

Sorry, I was on my daughters account. Its me Jan ;)

Heather said...

Enjoy your weekend!! It will be awesome.

Chellie said...

Such adorable pictures! I can't believe that hail!! WOWZERS!

Have fun at Time Out... it sounds wonderful!

Cheri said...

That is some huge hail- I hope the damage isn't too bad.

Have a great time at the conference- I'm very excited for you- sounds like so much fun!!

Suzanne said...

How fun to have a getaway! Let us know how it goes. Sorry about the car. That stinks! So I'm curious, did the boys or the girls win the "fight"?

Misty said...

Glad you are safe and sound, and I hope you have a BLAST on your trip!

utmommy said...

I really want to go to one of those seminars. Maybe some day. Have a great time!