Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So Big!






LD's "Number Day" was today. I started this tradition with K. I remember looking through photos that my parents had taken. There were always a lot at birthdays, Christmas and other special occasions, but throughout the year, not very many. I decided that I wanted to see the kids grow monthly and started with K, taking her picture every month. Then I have a special photo album for each child that just has their "number days" in it. It is so fun to quickly thumb through them and watch the kids grow.
Here are some of LD's number days and the progression. It has gone too fast. It just will be overnight and he'll be in Kindergarten, seminary, graduating from high school, mission...etc. How I want to treasure each day...I'll never get them back!

9 comments:

Sox said...

I started doing the same thing w/ BC but weekly. I have sort of been a slacker with BL but I always get at least one per month, though not always with a number attatched.

Misty said...

What a sweet reminder.... it does pass too quickly... WAY too quickly!

Jan said...

That is such a great idea for the remembering of each stage. It is so unbelieveable how much they change in such a short amount of time. Love it. Time really does fly. Enjoy.

Cheri said...

That's such a great idea! I wish I had done that with my kids.
What a cutie he is.

Chellie said...

Cute! Love the pictures!

victoria said...

Good idea! I had number cards with pictures of me from my first pregnancy. But, oooh, I don't thing I'll do that ever again. It's not quite as fun to watch myself getting bigger and bigger (and bigger!)

zeebee said...

I so wish I had done this I am sooo jealous! he is sooo adorable!
yeah! I can't wait to see you in June!!! does that mean not for baptisms though?

Suzanne said...

That is such a cute idea! It does go quickly, doesn't it!

Anne said...

Good idea!
I love to see how much he has grown...such an adorable kid!