Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lessons Learned, Part 1

Some of the lessons I learned from Time Out (Part 1: not from the speakers/music)

  1. Meals when mom is gone: Dinner: Wendy's. Late Night Snack: Arby's. Breakfast: cereal. Lunch: Souper Salad. Dinner (at 8:30 since mom is still not home): Peanut Butter and Jelly.
  2. DH really can change stinky diapers!
  3. Dads are really fun.
  4. If you go to IHOP at midnight or so...you will probably feel very old if you are over 22.
  5. DH must really love me to shut the clinic down so that he could be with the kids.
  6. K and C REALLY missed me, but LD was just like, "Oh, Mom, you're here!" He was excited to see me, but just as he would be if I'd gone grocery shopping and came home. K and C, however, were talking non-stop about all their adventures with dad and giving me tons of hugs. I guess they recognize the passage of time more than LD.

10 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm so glad you had a great time.
I bet you're going to need today to relax to feel ready for the week!

Jan said...

Peanut Butter and Jelly would be in short supplies if dads just cooked. Sounds like they survived your away time. Even the diapers got changed. Yeah.

dieMutti said...

My kids told me last night that Daddy is much more fun than Mommy. Maybe that means we can go away again :)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

woohoo it was a sucess

Sox said...

If your kids are alive and your babysitter (or DH) still likes you when you get home all is great! That's my slogan for time away. (I stole it from my friend)

Suzanne said...

Wow, that's such a blessing to have a hubby that can take care of things while you're gone. I'm lucky to have that too! :)

Misty said...

I'm glad, too, that you had a great time!

Lisette said...

I finally caught up on all of your blogs. You've had lots of fun. And my bro gave you an awesome bday present!

utmommy said...

My family would be eating just like that too. I'd be grateful they were all well and happy when I got home.

Chellie said...

Love the food menu! :)