Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Time Flies

So....M did make it in. It was a miracle that the two flights that he was on to get here were not canceled. It was a great and wonderful weekend. I was definitely a little nervous waiting for him in the airport, but not a lot. It went away immediately and we were as comfortable together as though we'd known each other forever.
.
Because of the weather, the temple was closed. That was supposed to be our first date. Oh well. You know what happens when you make "plans." We spent most of the weekend just talking and cuddling. Every moment, I am so amazed with how perfectly we "fit" each other. Our wants, goals, testimonies, everything just match. I am struggling now more than ever with the distance. 800 miles is like bondage to us right now. Even so, I truly see Heavenly Father's hand in our meeting. I just miss M more than I thought possible. What a crazy story we have! :)
.
M takes such good care of me, something that I didn't realize was possible. There has never been a door he did not open or a chair he did not pull out for me. C watches him with such admiration and has learned from him in just the two hours that they were together yesterday. Speaking of, I do have to say that my favorite part of the weekend was watching M interact with my kids. He loves them already. They love him already. They even told me yesterday that they would love it if I married him.

Valentine's Day was one of the best ever....a handsome man next to me at church, a very yummy, fancy, and elegant dinner the night before, a gift certificate for a one-hour hot stone massage and manicure, and dozens of flowers filling my house today. I am one of the lucky ones. That is for sure.
Now, today, I can hardly walk. So glad it didn't happen yesterday when M was still here. I did something to myself when I was shoveling the snow on Thursday and my right foot/leg has been numb ever since...it has actually been getting worse each day and today I woke up unable to walk without extreme pain. I did call XDH and he said that it is probably a pinched sciatic nerve and that I definitely shouldn't workout. -sigh- I love working out.

7 comments:

Our Family said...

You look so happy.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

nothing but smiles:):):) i will call but I am down for the count myself

nikko said...

Sigh...

I'm so glad that you had such a good weekend. I love that picture of the two of you. Such a happy couple. :o)

victoria said...

What a handsome guy! I'm SOOOO happy that you've met someone so good to (and for) you. Sorry about the long distance between you. I'm so excited to hear how everything goes.

Colleen said...

I'm doing a happy dance in my seat for you right now!! YAY! He is your rainbow!!

Kathy said...

I am also so happy for you! Love the flowers!

Brittney Deanne said...

I know I don't know you... but I found your blog through a friends'. I have been following your posts, and crying and praying for you... this post made me smile so big. You give hope to me, and I'm sure many others. You deserve the best, and I am so glad that you feel such joy.