Thursday, February 11, 2010

25 hours or....not.


In 25 hours, I should be picking M up at the airport. I can't wait. It is crazy, but without even meeting, I truly am in love with him. I can't wait to officially meet this man of my dreams. Our story is truly like a fairy tale in many ways.

BUT...we are getting what they say now will be 10 inches of snow. It already looks like about 10 at my house. Don't get me wrong. I am a Colorado girl....snow is my friend. BUT NOT TODAY! I love snow days: hanging out with the kids, making snowmen, drinking hot chocolate, having a fire in the fireplace, baking bread or cookies, playing games, and watching movies. Love it, BUT NOT TODAY!

I have lived in Texas for 8 1/2 years. I have NEVER seen snow like this. It is beautiful, clean, white, serene, and peaceful. Normally, I would love it.....BUT NOT TODAY!

Just had to vent. There is a good chance that M's flight will be canceled tomorrow. If so, I just have to remember that I have been waiting my whole life for him, what is a day or two more?

5 comments:

Lana said...

oh no!! I hope he makes it in!

Suzanne said...

I hope he still is able to make it! How excited that you've met someone...o.k. well not technically "met" yet, but you know what I mean! It sounds like life if looking up! :)

The Texas Bakers said...

Oh, for your sake I really hope he is able to make it!! That is so exciting to be meeting him. DH is in Houston right now and is supposed to fly home tomorrow. Let's just cross our fingers and pray the runways will be clear!

shana said...

Oh man. Sorry about the snow. Timing. . . Hope everything works out for you. I'm excited to hear about this new chapter in your life. :)

Lisette said...

Those pictures look great! Not like how we saw your house but nevertheless pretty.