Friday, February 26, 2010

Birthday Brunch

I am so lucky. I am so lucky. After all the tears I've cried the last couple of weeks (or even the last couple of years), today my eyes were brimming with tears of gratitude as I looked around the local IHOP that we invaded this morning: 25 people (10 ladies and 15 kids). I am so lucky. Each time someone new arrived, I felt a resurgence of gratitude for the wonderful friends that God has placed in my life. No matter what the other struggles I face are, I, like Joseph Smith, can remember that I am not yet as Job...my friends do stand by me. How much luckier can I get??????

7 comments:

The Texas Bakers said...

Happy birthday! You are NOT yet as Job! We love you. I really wanted to come this morning but McK's preschool was rescheduled for today at 9. Glad you had such a good turnout and had fun!

I have a good life said...

Man! It would've been great to see you, M! We have to do something together again soon! :)

nikko said...

Invasion is about right!

Happy Birthday!

KP said...

Happy Birthday!

Colleen said...

Wish I could have been there!! What are you doing tomorrow?! I have a free babysitter for 4 hours, wanna get out and play with me!?

The 7B's said...

You are soooo loved by everyone! That is a priceless gift.

victoria said...

That looks like so much fun! You are loved. And I say, "To Hat!"