Thursday, August 19, 2010

J-isms

Okay...I still want to catch up from our summer trip....I know it is a month and a half late, but I have a lot I still want to say.

But, today's post has to be about J (for those that don't realize it....he used to be LD....but he has outgrown that name and now is just J). There are some things I don't want to forget.
  1. We were having a serious talk. In the middle somewhere (for some reason I don't remember now) I asked J if he'd like it if I married CK. He said "no." He then continued that he doesn't want me to EVER remarry. When I asked why he said, "Because then he would sleep in your bed and I couldn't come in there and sleep with you if I get scared." Makes sense, eh?
  2. In another reflective moment, he asked me, "When will Grandma get resurrected?" What faith. What a testimony. Not "if" but "when."
  3. Finally, this evening he was saying his personal prayer. This is part of what he asked Heavenly Father, "Please bless all of us to stay alive until we are a grandpa or a grandma and then after we die, help us to get resurrected." I guess death has been on his mind lately with the passing of my grandma, but it was sweet to hear the honest and sincere prayer of a 3-year-old who is adamant that he does not want to die until he is a grandpa.

How I love this boy. I am so lucky and blessed to be his Mama. What a joy it is to have three wonderful kids that I love with all my heart. I am doing the best I can in raising them. I am so grateful that the difference is made up by a loving God and Savior, that where I lack, they step in and help.

1 comment:

The Texas Bakers said...

He is adorable and so smart, like all your kids. What a sweetheart. You are doing a really great job.