Monday, August 2, 2010

Our unexpected vacation..Finally an update!

I have started this post at least half a dozen times.....there are so many pictures from our trip that I start loading them, then I have to leave to do something else. I really want to remember it, though, so I am working to catch-up!

Before I continue: an update:
  • CK came and went. We have been lucky enough to see each other every three weeks. I wish it could continue at that frequency, but it probably won't.
  • Summer is really busy. Having 3 kids 24/7 is hard. Being a single mom is much more difficult than I imagined, and I really did think it would be hard.
  • I have an odd prompting that I am going to follow. There are many times I really don't understand the Lord, but hopefully it will all be clear in a month.
  • I absolutely LOVE my calling. It is a lot of work. I know, however, that this is truly where the Lord wants me right now. I have been reassured of that multiple times. I am grateful to the Primary President and the Bishopric for listening to this prompting. I know it is where I need to be. I love the primary children more than I can describe. How lucky am I!

Okay...the pictures.... (only June 21-23)

J and C at a rest stop in Colorado...almost to my parents...day 1 almost done!
J and C at a rest stop in Wyoming....already on to Day 2

Me with CK's amazing friend, C. Without even knowing us, she took us in, watched the boys while I went to the hospital, fed them dinner, gave us a place to sleep, and became an instant friend. I absolutely love her!

C's girl, M, that is C's age (whoa...too many initials!).

Visiting my grandparents' grave in Idaho.

My boys and I at the Idaho Falls Temple...gorgeous! I wish I could've done a session there.

C at the falls.

The falls with the temple in the background. So pretty!

J helping work at CK's brother's house. He loved working with D.

Me with CK's sis-in-law, K. Another instant friend! She is amazing....talented, gorgeous, loving, understanding. What a blessing to meet her. I also met CK's mom at this time, but she declined the picture. She is amazing, too. It was odd, yet just fine, meeting all of them without CK there and I just could not pass up the opportunity to meet them.
Stay tuned for more........(hopefully sooner rather than later!)......

No comments: