Friday, March 23, 2007

It was the best of nights...It was the worst of nights





Tonight was Enrichment. It went very well. I think that the sisters in our ward felt the spirit and came away uplifted. We did a presentation on preparedness, particularly spiritual preparedness...using a ten virgins presentation. So...that was the best of nights.


As far as the worst of nights part...a person for the presentation was unable to be there, so I filled in (and Little Dan fussed). Then, one of my really good friends who is usually unable to be at church or anything related to church had chosen to come (even on her birthday!) partially due to my encouragement. Sounds good, right? Well, her son, G (who is C's best friend), split his head open and they had to leave and go to Urgent Care for stitches! How frustrating!
It was super cute, though...G really wanted C to go with him to the hospital (I didn't let him...school is tomorrow and who knows how long the wait there would be!). C just sat there with him and held his hand. Really, how much more could a 5-year-old do? I just thought it neat that being together comforted him. That's what friends are for! (Thanks to all my friends out there that "hold my hand" when I have a "boo-boo.")


Then...have you ever just done something really stupid? I mean really, really stupid. Well, later....I did. And I feel awful, but (sorry to all you curious ones out there) I don't really feel comfortable explaining what it is.

5 comments:

Lana said...

Poor G! It was nice to see J-K there even if she had to leave early.

I thought the program was really nice, especially nice I would say. I need to go buy an oven now!

nikko said...

I also thought it was great. Sorry it was stressful for you. I would have filled in for you if you had asked!

How come I didn't see these two posts yesterday when I checked your blog? Something weird is going on!

Hope your camping was fun! Yay for 3 pounds lost!

Joyismygoal said...

Great pictures I want copies did you get others

utmommy said...

Sounds like Enrichment was a big success. I hate when I do things that I later regret. Sorry :(

dieMutti said...

Great idea for Enrichment... maybe I could use it for YW? As for doing something stupid, you know me... I am the queen of open-mouth-insert-foot and there's always stuff I regret... Call me anytime - I hope camping was awesome!