Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring Break: Day 5: Hiking and Letterboxing





I think today was my favorite day of Spring Break. Maybe because the weather is perfect (not as hot as yesterday), maybe because I got to go with one of my best friends, maybe because I know we are finally done with all these fun days and I am tired (being a "fun mom" wears you out)!

We went to a Nature Preserve near our home and hiked around looking for "clues" for "letterboxing." The kids loved it. It is so fun. You print out clues from the Internet, follow them, and at the end discover a "box" with a stamp in it and a pad for you to stamp that you'd found it. This is my first time doing it, but my friend had gone before. The kids thought it was a great treasure hunt!


Then, we ate lunch and the kids all played while we got to sit and talk out in nature with a slight breeze and perfect weather! It was so relaxing!
Updates: (1) Feeling much better! I think the cold is almost done! (2) We spent all our Spring Break Budget. We used the rest buying lunches and snacks for the hiking trip (something we would have just brought from home had we run out of money!)

5 comments:

nikko said...

It was one of my favorite days, too. Thanks for bringing us with you.

Joyismygoal said...

One of my favorite places in this world that is of TX. I used tobe a docent and give tours there ,I bet there were lots of fresh spring flowers peeking out to enjoy.

utmommy said...

I've always wanted to do that. Maybe we'll try it for our spring break too!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, watching those intrepid little hikers warmed my heart because I'm raising my kids the same way!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad you had a fun Spring Break! You're right, it can be a little tiring being a fun mom all the time! ;)