Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring Break: Day 1: Jumping Party












Today was the first of our Family Fun Days! We went to Jumping Party. It was so fun. Even Little Dan loved it. Kids to watch. Music to listen to. Primary colors to look at. What more could a 5-month-old want? The bigger kids had a blast and it was not crowded. There was a little girl from C's Kindergarten class (see the first picture) that chased him everywhere he went. For the first hour he was so annoyed....but then seemed to enjoy her company. It was cute. K didn't want me taking pictures of her so all of hers are just whenever I could catch her!




I had a good idea this morning and gave the kids a Spring Break Budget. It is the budget for the entire week. We spent $14 at Jumping Party...so now they have to budget the rest of the week with the rest. I love it. Their little brains were really working as they tried to figure out if we had enough to buy popcorn, drinks, and candy at the movies tomorrow and still have enough to have McDonald's at the park later in the week,etc. What a fun way to teaching budgeting!




I also took our dog to the vet this morning for her annual shots/checkup with ALL THREE KIDS! Call me crazy! But, it worked...although I found out she is a fat little doggie! She gained 9 pounds since last year on diet dog food! Ooops. Maybe it is obvious that with a newborn and cold weather I haven't been walking her!




Finally, I am getting sick! What a horrid time to have a cold...while trying to be a fun mom for my three wonderful kids! (And still keep up with the rest of daily living!)




Hey...what a long post...sorry if I bored you! :)


3 comments:

Lana said...

I've been thinking about going there, it looks like a lot of fun.

nikko said...

Looks like you had a great day. Sorry you called when I was so busy. Sorry you are getting sick! I'll have to call you today!

Suzanne said...

What a fun day! What a great idea to have your kids budget the money. These little lessons will come in handy when they're teenagers! LOL! :D