Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring Break: Day 4: Putt-Putt Golf





Today was Day 4 of Spring Break. We went to Putt-Putt golf. Originally, we had intended to go early in the morning, but K's best friend and family wanted to join us and so we waited until the afternoon. Boy, was it crowded! It was okay, though, once we all got clubs and could go at our own pace. We opted not to keep score and with six kids 8 and under, it worked great. The two moms decided not to play (even though we'd paid for ourselves), as it was enough work just to corral and organize the kids (and I was carrying Little Dan throughout). Not keeping score enabled us to go faster and the kids all cheered for each other with not one hurt feeling the entire time! It was very hot, however, and I was grateful that I thought to bring sunscreen!


We got some tokens to play the "games" inside, but it was way too crowded. We did some mini-bowling thing and kept the tokens to use for another day!


BTW: We did finally buy our ice cream! I guess it was in the budget....although the kids had to find a coupon before we could go.


Sick Update: still sick. Now I have a nagging cough in addition to the nose. I also have a funky voice! Tomorrow should be better as I have more energy today than yesterday!

3 comments:

Lana said...

that looks like a fun day!

sorry you are still sick:(

dieMutti said...

How fun is this! I can't wait until we're in Texas and can join you! :) My poor kids - it's been 60 degrees here all week and instead of taking them out, I've been putting a full week + at work! :( The bubbs said yesterday that she'd like to go to K's house... It must be a sign! :)

Dawnyel said...

Yay for mini golf...and NOT keeping score...
Poo for being sick! (Get feeling better soon!! No one wants to be sick!)