Friday, January 11, 2013

List-Less

Today I am List-Less.  Nope my list is not lost....I am going without it.  I have done this before, but it has been over a year, I think.  Those of you that know me know my personality thrives on order, including a little piece of paper, affectionately known as "THE LIST."  I use one sheet of paper to plan my week.  It works well for me.  But...sometimes I just don't get other things done.  So, I am trying to go every Friday List-Less....this means not scheduling anything.  It does NOT mean NOT working....I wish it did.  But, it does mean that I do what I want when I think of it.  No cheating and looking at my list, just working around my home or whatever whenever.

So far (today only) it is great.  You see, I don't like Fridays.  I know.  I am weird.  But, Fridays mean two things for me:  A) I get to see just how much I have NOT accomplished in the week and B) my kiddos go with their daddy.  I miss them.  On the other hand, Fridays also mean that I get the weekend with CK and that is always good.  :)

So, so far today I have thoroughly cleaned the kitchen, done a batch of towels, took a shower, working on making more burp rags for V, and now I am blogging.  I also get to spend approximately an hour of each 2.5 hours feeding V....we are still trying to get her to grow and feeding gets to be extensive.  But, I enjoy being a mom and I love her.  So, in addition to the above, we had a feeding hour, got three kids fed and off to school, and had family scriptures and prayer. 

Now, the question will be if I love List-Less day every week this much or is it more because CK and I went to bed early last night since we have both been so exhausted.  Hmmmm.......

P.S.  V weighed 8 lbs, 3 oz yesterday.  For being almost four months old, that is still so tiny, smaller than C was at birth.  She continues to be happy, though.  She loves to talk and play with her toys.  She rolled over this week, many times in one day.  She loves to sit on our laps and she enjoys books being read to her (YES!).  I am so grateful that she feels good.  No matter what is going on, she feels good.  It is just time to get to the bottom of the issue and figure out what we need to do, if anything, to help her.

No comments: