Monday, January 21, 2013

New Year's Eve 2012-2013

** Disclaimer....this was on the same camera and the same download as the pictures from Christmas #3....but the date is way wrong....almost 6 years wrong.  All these pictures were taken 12/31/12 or 1/1/13**

We had a great New Year's Eve.  I am so grateful for family.  This was truly a time to be together as a family.  Unless you are a teen--then it is time to be with friends and that is okay too.  K went with friends.  There are three of them that are close and love being together.  They spent the night eating junk, playing games, talking, and being on Facebook while they sat right next to each other.  -sigh- I guess that is the generation we live in.  Still crazy.

The rest of us went to my sister's house for New Year's.  We decided to do separate dinners and each bring snacks for the evening.  It worked out really well.  The snacks were yummy, the company outstanding, and the games were fun.  I think our favorite was Telestrations, a new game that my sister's family got for Christmas.  It is so funny and so fun.  

Here the kids are playing it, from left to right:  E, J, Ch, C, S, and T.  I love the cousins!!!!!
V spent part of the evening zonked on her favorite toy.  So cute.
 And....the countdown.....
And the toast.. 
 Then, before we went to bed, we took J's rocket outside to shoot it off.  It is very cool.  My sister's family actually gave it to him for Christmas and we brought it with us that night.  It has a light so we could see it even at night.  You jump on the pad and the air pushes the rocket up.  Pretty cool.
Then, because the kids have been wanting to have a cousins sleepover all break, we all just stayed the night.  How blessed we are to have them live so close.  I can't imagine having a better sister and I just love her, love her hubby, and I love their kids.  We are blessed beyond measure!

No comments: