Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ward Christmas Party - 12/01/12

WAYYYYYYY back on December 1, we had a special visit.  XDH's parents were in town to visit him.  Of course, since we still love each other very much, they came and visited me for a few minutes.  They hadn't seen our new home, so they got the grand tour and we visited for a bit.  They paid me a major compliment by saying that they could feel the Spirit in my home.  That really meant a lot to me.  They mean a lot to me.  Among the devastations of the divorce would have been losing them.  Thankfully, I did not lose them.  I am so blessed.

After our visit, we hurried over to the church for our ward (local church congregation) Christmas party.  I was happy to have it be so early in the month, as life just gets so busy this time of year.

Here is the "gingerbread" house that J made:
They also let the children decorate "placemats" to take to a homeless shelter for Christmas dinner.  I thought that was a great idea.  J loved his picture...particularly because it had penguins (his favorite!) and he really wanted to keep it, but he was willing to give it up to help others have a good Christmas.





Our two older kids were too old to sit with Santa, but we stood in line with the two littles.  J is very serious and V is just very cute!  I love this first picture with Santa.  :)


I feel so blessed as demonstrated by this post:  I have great in-laws (both sets!), I have wonderful children, and I enjoy associations with wonderful people in my ward.  I am truly blessed.  :)

No comments: