Saturday, March 6, 2010

Basketball is over. Piano is here.

It has been a crazy, crazy Saturday, but fun nonetheless. K was gone all day. Our school district had an optional field trip for 5th grade Gifted and Talented students. They went and spent all day at a college campus about 3.5 hours from our house. The campus had set up all these fun things for them to do. It was very cool. The district paid for the bus and for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as provided chaperones. I felt safe with her going and she is exhausted, but had a great time. I missed her, as I only get her one Saturday a month and this was MY weekend, but she needs opportunities like this and I am glad that she got to go.

We also, among other things, had a primary activity, helped dig/pull out a tree, friends, piano, house cleaning, basketball end of season, etc.

Here is C at the Basketball end of season party. His team had a great year. His coach was awesome.


And... introducing the newest member of our family: Our piano! The coloring fits perfectly with my home. The size is perfect. The sound is great. It is used and has some scratches, but they aren't huge and I have three kids...I don't want a perfect piano, it would just cause me stress. I am excited to have it in our home. Guess we need to learn how to play it, huh?


8 comments:

The 7B's said...

I'm so glad you got a piano!! It looks really nice. Now you all need to practice.

Colleen said...

Oh, you are so lucky!! If I had a piano, I would take lessons myself!!

nikko said...

Beautiful piano!

Alison said...

Yay!! You finally got one. It looks great!

shana said...

I LOVE your piano. I miss playing so much. One of these days. The keyboard we have just isn't quite as magical as a real piano. Enjoy it!!!

Jen Sadler said...

Can I come over and play with the piano? I miss having one! I miss "pretending" like I can actually play!

Amanda said...

Hooray for a piano!

Kailee said...

I'm soooo excited you got a piano! Too bad you guys don't live in Utah and then I would teach you guys how to play! :)