Friday, March 12, 2010

Shutting Down

I feel that no matter how hard I try, I cannot cope. I am doing everything in my power to feel hope, joy, patience, and faith. I don't know what it is I am doing wrong or how I am not accepting the Lord's help, but I just feel like shutting down. The only thing that has brought me a sense of direction and comfort have been the Lord's little daily answers that help me know that He is there. And, this morning I read in 2nd Nephi about opposition. I KNOW that the future joys that I cannot see will be even the more sweet because the pain and sorrow is so great at this moment.

8 comments:

nikko said...

You can do it. One day at a time. You are doing all the right things, don't blame yourself. It's just life and sometimes no matter what you do, it just stinks. :o(

Thank you for watching my boys today. You were an answer to a stressed out mother's prayer! :o)

Jay said...

Hey, you. That opposition when it's opposite happiness can be no fun! You ARE doing what you are suppose to and you ARE being supported. The sun will come through those dark clouds. It does get cloudy and cold--even in Holland--but that'll make those tulips all the more bright.

Natalie said...

I'm sooooooo sorry.
I will keep you in my prayers. It has just got to be better soon.
Have you ever heard that He tries most those He loves best? Don't remember where it's from, but I know I've read it.
Hugs.

Lisette said...

We need to talk. It's been a long time! Just keep going!

Ruth said...

Such faith- through whatever life throws at you. I know that your future will be sweet, you will be blessed for all you are doing now!

ACK said...

Keep trying dont give up? My little trick when i get down i make a treat for someone and take it to there house.

Robin said...

Hang in there. I agree with Natalie. Life is tough, but we keep shooting for the stars. It was so good to see you.

Amanda said...

I just keep putting one foot in front of the other. The sun keeps coming up. Every day ends and a new one begins. Eventually there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train! I have thought about Abraham and how LONG he had to wait for his promised blessings of having seed. I know the blessings we need are different but they will come-- we just don't know how long.