Monday, March 15, 2010

I am woman...hear me roar! (AND recap and Spring Break Day 1)

It has been a great day! :) It has been a very fun and productive few days. I am finding such joy in building and creating. Today, I was out with my power drill, wood, staple gun, and weed cloth making garden boxes. In the middle of doing this, I would run in and work on my homemade bread, then run back out to work some more. I find such joy in doing these things. I guess it is like President Uchtdorf said when he talked about creating. My next project is to build a workbench for my garage so I can buy and utilize more power tools. After that, I will build a shed in the backyard. I have ALWAYS wanted to build and construct. I am loving following my dream this way. I would love to build a house, actually, but....that will be a dream for another day (or decade!)

I spent most of Saturday doing the same types of things: cleaning, building, buying paint, but also playing the piano, reading my scriptures, and attending the temple. I love who I am. I truly am loving the life I live and living the life I love. The void is still very much there, but I once again had some clear answers in the temple....how I love the scriptures and the House of the Lord. So, void or not, I am moving forward and working on loving life to the fullest. I am one of the lucky ones, you know!

I am also LOVING having the kids home for Spring Break. Today was the first day of Spring Break Budget....year #4. We started with $50. We went to the movies and saw Planet 51 (great movie, by the way), spending $13.50 on tickets, popcorn, and a drink, leaving us with $36.50 for the remainder of the week.

So...a bunch of pictures to recap some of the busy week last week, my eventful day on Saturday, and some of the fun things from today (note...I did pictures a little differently since there are so many and now I can't make it work. I'm stopping trying. So, no commentary, I guess. A picture is worth a thousand words anyhow, right? Any questions about what in the world the out-of-order, semi-random pictures are? Just ask. Blogger and I just aren't friends tonight!):

K at her last gymnastics class. She loves it and had a great time!-










































Yummy. Yummy. Yummy. God's gift to us is definitely refried black beans, plantains, and a little dollop of sour cream.







































































































































































































































10 comments:

Dalton Family said...

I think we should come to your house for spring break! I love your boxes!

Lana said...

wow! look at you!!

Kathy said...

man you are way more motivated than me, I need to get with it. Thanks for inspiring me.

Lisette said...

Your house looks so clean and perfect! We still have a couple more weeks for spring break. I'm glad you are constructing.

Tori Black said...

Wow...how productive you have been. Rob, Emma and I have been in Costa Rica this week. I have been eating plantains for the first time and LOVE them. You will need to teach me how you cook them.

nikko said...

Wow. You are awesome. i can't wait to see your garden when I get back to town.

I have never had plantains. Seems weird. You'll have to cook some up for me. :o)

dieMutti said...

Love it! Although - my tired postpartumness is very jealous of all you're accomplishing. Makes me feel a bit lazy :) Oh, well, at least I get to enjoy the fruits of your labor (thanks for sharing the yummy bread)!

The Texas Bakers said...

Busy busy! How do the garden boxes work? I need to get something like that together for our garden. I ate a lot of plantains in PR this week. I'd love to learn how you make them...

The Tall and Short of it said...

I wanted to make some boxes but assumed they had to be much deeper?? That would be much easier to make! =) you rock!

Alison said...

Refried black beans and sour cream? I thought it was pudding and whipped cream LOL!!